Scrumptious Shrimp Pappardelle Pasta
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 1½-cup
3-quarts salted water
1-lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
½-tsp kosher salt
¼-tsp black pepper, freshly grated
3-tbsp olive oil (divided)
2-cups zucchini, cut diagonally to ⅛-inch thick slices
1-cup grape tomatoes, halved
⅛-tsp red pepper flakes
2-cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp zest of 1-pc lemon
2-tbsp lemon juice
1-tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
8-oz. fresh pappardelle pasta
- Bring the salted water to a boil for cooking the pasta.
- In the meantime, prepare for the shrimp. Combine the shrimp with salt and
pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan placed over medium heat. Add
the zucchini slices and sauté for 4 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the grape tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes until they just start to
soften. Stir in the salt to combine with the vegetables. Transfer the cooked
vegetables to a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, pour in the remaining oil. Switch the heat to
medium-low. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes,
stirring frequently so that the garlic will not burn.
- Add the seasoned shrimp, and keep the heat on medium-low. Cook the
shrimp for 3 minutes on each side until they turn pinkish.
- Stir in the zest of lemon and the lemon juice. Add the cooked vegetables
back to the pan. Stir to combine with the shrimp. Set aside.
- Add the pasta in the boiling water. Cook the pasta in accordance with the
manufacturer’s specifications until attaining an al dente texture. Drain the
- Transfer the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl and combine with the
lemony-garlic shrimp and vegetables.
Nutrition: Calories: 474, Total Fats: 15g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Carbohydrates:
46g, Protein: 37g