Action learning is a continued process of learning and reflection with the support of a group of colleagues, working on real issues. The action learning method is increasingly used to bring innovation to many different fields of work. The principles of action learning can achieve improvement and transformation in a wide range of applications and disciplines, including professional training and educational contexts.
This book is a comprehensive guide to action learning which maintains an accessible, practical focus throughout. It is packed with useful resources, including case studies and ideas for workshop sessions.
Key topics covered include:
* action learning in professional and educational settings
* setting up, facilitating and evaluating an action learning programme
* the roles and skills required to practice successfully
* use of action learning in relation to the individual, the group and the organization
* the role of reflection; and action learning theory.
Newcomers to the area of action learning will find this an essential introduction which can be put to use straight away, while more experienced practitioners seeking a deeper understanding will value the thorough analysis of action learning theory.
The Action Learning Handbook Paperback edition by Ms Anne Brockbank