- File Size: 2067 KB
- Pages : 380 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1984806734
- Publisher: Berkley (May 19, 2020)
- Publication Date: May 19, 2020
- Language: English
- File type: Ebook/PDF
Beach Read Presentation:
“Beacch read is Original, sparkling bright, and layered with feeling…”. Sally Thorne, author of The Hating Game.
A romance writer. Who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge, that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.
Augustus Everett is an acclaimed author of literary fiction. January Andrews writes bestselling romance. When she pens a happily ever after, he kills off his entire cast.
They’re polar opposites.
In fact, the only thing they have in common is that for the next three months, they’re living in neighboring beach houses, broke, and bogged down with writer’s block.
Always with beach read.
Until, one hazy evening, one thing leads to another and they strike a deal designed to force them out of their creative ruts: Augustus will spend the summer writing something happy, and January will pen the next Great American Novel. She’ll take him on field trips worthy of any rom-com montage, and he’ll take her to interview surviving members of a backwoods death cult (obviously). Everyone will finish a book and no one will fall in love. Really.
QUOTES FROM BEACH READ :
- “And that was the moment I realized: when the world felt dark and scary, love could whisk you off to go dancing; laughter could take some of the pain away; beauty could punch holes in your fear. I decided then that my life would be full of all three.”
- “When I watch you sleep,” he said shakily, “I feel overwhelmed that you exist.”