Mixed Mushroom Palermitani Pasta
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1½-cup
5-quarts salted water
3-tbsp olive oil
26-oz. assorted wild mushrooms (Crimini, Shiitake, Portobello, etc.),
4-cloves garlic, minced
1-bulb red onion, diced
1-tsp sea salt
2-tbsp sherry cooking wine
2½-tsp fresh thyme, diced
1-lb. linguine pasta
¾-cup reserved liquid from cooked pasta
6-oz. goat cheese
¼-cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Bring the salted water to a boil for cooking the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large skillet placed over mediumhigh heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes until they brown.
- Add the garlic, onions, and salt. Sauté for 4 minutes until the onions are
- Pour in the wine, and cook down until the liquid evaporates. Sprinkle with
thyme, and set aside.
- Add the pasta in the boiling water. Cook the pasta in accordance with the
manufacturer’s specifications until attaining an al dente texture.
- Before draining the pasta completely, reserve ¾-cup of the pasta liquid.
- Transfer the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl and combine with the
mushroom mixture, pasta liquid, and goat cheese. Toss gently to combine
fully until the goat cheese melts completely.
- To serve, top the pasta with chopped hazelnuts.
Nutrition: Calories: 331, Total Fats: 12g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Carbohydrates:
45g, Protein: 13g