Both the vegan diet/lifestyle, and the ketogenic diet are very popular ways of eating today, and both offer quite an array of interesting benefits when done right.
While the vegan lifestyle focuses on plant products, and eliminates the consumption of all animal products, the ketogenic diet focuses on eating foods low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
They’re both very interesting, and come with certain health benefits when done right. .
But is it possible to combine both diets/lifestyle and get the best of both worlds?
Well, Yeah! With proper preparation and the right steps in place, you can enjoy the benefits of a vegan keto diet, and burn fat more easily.
Here, you’ll learn how to combine vegan and keto, as well as 40 incredible vegan keto recipes for weight loss.
From delicious vegan keto breakfasts, to lunches, to dinner and even dessert, there’s something for every time of the day.
- The Vegan Keto Diet – What it is
- How To Follow A Vegan Keto Diet
- Lunch Recipes
- 11) Paleo Vegan Zucchini Cauliflower Fritters
- 12) Keto Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocados
- 13) Vegan keto Portobello mushroom burger
- 14) Vegan Arugula Avocado Tomato Salad
- 15) Vegan Keto Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- 16) Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 17) Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 18) Roasted Cauliflower salad keto
- 19) Keto Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 20) Keto Vegan Buddha Bowl
- Dinner Recipes
- 21) Caprese Zoodles with Basil Pesto
- 22) Keto Vegan Tofu Vindaloo
- 23) Vegan Keto Coconut Curry
- 24) Healthy No Bean Chili
- 25) Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
- 26) Zucchini Ravioli
- 27) Paleo Vegan “Meaty” Taco Skillet
- 28) Roasted Vegetables and Tofu Tacos
- 29) Keto Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- 30) Vegan Portobello Steaks with Avocado Salsa
- 31) Vegan Keto Coffee And Cocoa Doughnuts
- 32) Vegan + Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 33) Keto Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 34) Raw Keto Brownies
- 35) No Bake Vegan Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- 36) 3-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Mousse
- 37) Keto Almond Dreamcake
- 38) Low Carb Bounty Bars
- 39) No Bake Ferrero Rocher Keto Fat Bombs
- 40) Frozen Blueberry Bites
The Vegan Keto Diet – What it is
Similar to the vegetarian diet, the vegan diet, is also a very popular way of eating, which involves elimination of all animal based-foods from your diet.
But unlike regular vegetarian diets, that only cut out meats, fish and other seafood, vegan diets exclude all animal products. This includes meat, fish, eggs, and dairy products like cheese, butter, milk, and so on.
The ketogenic diet, on the other hand, is a low carb, high fat way of eating, which aims to reduce your daily carb intake to enable your body enter the state of nutritional ketosis, where it burns fat for fuel.
On the ketogenic diet, you avoid foods that are high in carbs, such as bread, pasta, rice etc as they can throw you off ketosis. But don’t worry. There are wonderful substitutes you can use in place of these things.
Benefits of both diets are very well known. For example, the keto diet is used as an effective weight loss tool, and also to reduce blood sugar levels and increase heart health.
Vegan diets also offer certain weight loss benefits, as well as other perks such as lower risk of heart disease and improved kidney function.
How To Follow A Vegan Keto Diet
The thing about keto is, since it focuses on a lot of high fat and moderate protein meals, it tends to deal a lot with animal products.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t do a 100% plant based keto diet.
By making certain easy swaps, and focusing on plant-based macronutrient sources, such as avocados, nuts and seeds, tofu, tempeh etc, as well as a long list of keto veggies, you could knock this out easily.
Here are some further guides to help you with everything you need to combine vegan and keto.
Now, let’s dive into 40 super delicious vegan keto recipes for you to enjoy.
40 Delicious Vegan Keto Recipes To Enjoy
You don’t need to depend on eggs, sausage and eggs for a satisfying low carb breakfast. These keto breakfast recipes are 100% vegan, and so, so good.
1) Keto Breakfast Cookies
Need a quick breakfast you can make ahead of time and simply grab and enjoy on those busy mornings? This keto breakfast cookies are just the thing. Plus they’re also completely plant-based too.
2) Low Carb Keto Oatmeal
Regular oatmeal isn’t exactly keto-friendly, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the fun. This low carb oatmeal made with a few swaps will more than satisfy your cravings. And making it is literally the easiest thing.
3) Low Carb Granola
Missing cereal on keto? This low carb granola made from a mix of keto-friendly nuts and seeds will more than keep those cravings satisfied. And at just 4g net carbs per serving.
Serve with some dairy-free milk, and voila! Keto cereal.
4) Peanut Butter Keto Chia Pudding
The nutritional goodness of chia seeds, combined with delicious peanut butter, and sweetened to perfection. This will be one of your go-to breakfast options for sure.
Throw in some chocolate to make it even better. It comes out at just 6g net carbs.
5) Keto Muffins
These flourless and oil-free vegan muffins require just 6 simple ingredients and still come out as tasty as ever. And at just about 1g net carb per muffin (yep, you heard me right), who could resist?
6) Vegan Keto Scramble
Who needs eggs when you can enjoy this super nutritious and tasty tofu scramble, served alongside avocados and seasoned to perfection. This yummy plant-based keto breakfast also packs less than 5g net carbs, which is great.
7) Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins
8) Gluten-free Keto Vegan Bread
Regular flour and yeast-based bread may not be low in carbs, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy delicious toast or bread on the keto diet.
Not only is this bread keto-friendly, its also egg-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. And it delivers a tiny 2g net carbs per huge slice.
9) Keto Vegan Avocado Protein Smoothie Bowl
Super easy, delicious, and satisfying.
10) Crispy Flaxseed Waffles
11) Paleo Vegan Zucchini Cauliflower Fritters
12) Keto Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocados
Forget the ground beef. These vegan keto stuffed avocados used riced cauliflower, walnuts and salsa for the stuffing, and it comes out as yummy as you could possibly imagine.
13) Vegan keto Portobello mushroom burger
This delicious keto burger skips out on all the extra carbs and meat thanks to the Portobello mushrooms, and tofu used in place of bread and beef/chicken respectively. Super easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes too.
14) Vegan Arugula Avocado Tomato Salad
15) Vegan Keto Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
These pizza stuffed mushrooms are the ultimate vegan keto comfort food, made with a low carb marinara sauce, vegan cheese and vegan pepperoni. You’ll be wanting seconds.
16) Tomato Cucumber Salad
17) Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Enjoy the low carb and vegan-friendly version of the popular takeout, by swapping out the chicken for juicy and perfectly seasoned tofu.
18) Roasted Cauliflower salad keto
19) Keto Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
20) Keto Vegan Buddha Bowl
Easy and delicious vegan keto dinner recipes to satisfy your cravings and keep you in ketosis.
21) Caprese Zoodles with Basil Pesto
Zoodles are a healthier and a much lower carb alternative to regular pasta you can enjoy even on a ketogenic diet. This recipe combines tasty zoodles, black olives, roasted tomatoes and more in a nice basil pesto sauce.
Even though the original pesto isn’t exactly vegan friendly, this version can easily be made vegan with just a few swaps, and it still tastes great.
22) Keto Vegan Tofu Vindaloo
23) Vegan Keto Coconut Curry
24) Healthy No Bean Chili
Even though regular chili uses beans, which aren’t exactly keto-friendly, you can still enjoy the soul-warming goodness of thick, creamy and delicious chili.
This keto no bean chili is packed with tasty veggies, mushrooms, soy meat and walnuts, and is sure to get even the carnivores drooling.
25) Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
26) Zucchini Ravioli
27) Paleo Vegan “Meaty” Taco Skillet
The vegan meat (walnuts, eggplant and zucchini) used here make a perfect substitute for regular ground beef, and the entire dish is loaded with enough good flavor, you’ll find yourself wanting more.
28) Roasted Vegetables and Tofu Tacos
29) Keto Vegan Stuffed Peppers
Thanks to a few low carb and vegan-friendly swaps, these delicious stuffed peppers can be 100% plant-based, and will keep you in ketosis. Each wholesome serving packs just 4g net carbs.
30) Vegan Portobello Steaks with Avocado Salsa
When it comes to vegan keto desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth, there are lots of options to choose from, since it’s easy to make desserts without adding any eggs or dairy products.
31) Vegan Keto Coffee And Cocoa Doughnuts
32) Vegan + Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
33) Keto Chocolate Chia Pudding
34) Raw Keto Brownies
35) No Bake Vegan Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
36) 3-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Mousse
37) Keto Almond Dreamcake
38) Low Carb Bounty Bars
39) No Bake Ferrero Rocher Keto Fat Bombs
40) Frozen Blueberry Bites
Going vegan on a keto diet doesn’t have to seem like an impossibility. Remember, with proper planning, and the delicious recipes in place, you can enjoy vegan keto meals and stay in ketosis.
Don’t forget to pin your favorites and save for later.