Living a healthy lifestyle and enjoying delicious meals that leave you satisfied is certainly way easier than you think.
And with the right diet and recipes, it’s more or less a piece of cake. The Mediterranean diet, which turns out to be one of the healthiest diets today, is a very good example.
Packed with lots of yummy tasting heart-healthy foods and ingredients, it offers quite a range of interesting nutritional and health benefits.
Today, you’ll discover 30 easy and absolutely delicious Mediterranean diet recipes that will help you stay healthy and lose weight. From breakfast to lunch to dinner, there’s something to satisfy your craving for every meal of the day.
- What is the Mediterranean diet?
- 1) Breakfast Tostadas
- 2) Scrambled Eggs With Spinach, Tomato And Feta
- 3) Mediterranean Breakfast Burritos
- 4) Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 5) Mediterranean Sausage Hash
- 6) Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- 7) Shakshoka
- 8) Veggie Mediterranean Quiche
- 9) Egg White Breakfast Sandwich With Roasted Tomatoes
- 10) Banana Mocha Overnight Oats
- Mediterranean diet recipes – Lunch
- 11) Mediterranean Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 12) Roasted Chickpea And Freekeh Salad
- 13) Greek Nachos with Cilantro Sauce
- 14) Mediterranean Style Meal Prep Bowls
- 15) Greek Goddess Bowl
- 16) Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 17) Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 18) Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
- 19) Salmon Bowl with Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing
- 20) Mediterranean Power Bowl
- Mediterranean diet recipes – Dinner
- 21) One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
- 22) One Pot Mediterranean Chicken
- 23) Mediterranean Pasta
- 24) Shrimp Scampi Pasta With Zucchini Noodles
- 25) Mediterranean Steak Bowls
- 26) Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
- 27) 5-Ingredient Lemon Chicken With Asparagus
- 28) Sweet Potato Noodle Enchilada Stir-Fry
- 29) Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Sauce
- 30) Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
What is the Mediterranean diet?
In case you’re new to this, the Mediterranean diet is actually less like a “diet” and more like a way or style of eating.
It encourages the consumption of healthy, nutrient-rich food items like fruits, veggies, whole grains, and nuts and legumes, while limiting your intake of unhealthy foods.
It was found that people living in the Mediterranean regions, were healthier, and that their diet mainly included the foods listed above.
Foods allowed on a Mediterranean diet include;
- Fruits – Nature’s sweet gift to us. Fruits are a great addition to any diet
- Vegetables – great source of nutrients, and fiber, plus they’re often lower in calories too
- Nuts and seeds – great source of healthy fats, and also rich in antioxidants
- Whole grains, legumes and tubers
- Seafood, poultry and eggs – excellent source of protein in your diet
- Dairy products
- Red meat (low intake) – red meat can certainly be enjoyed on the Mediterranean diet in moderation
The Mediterranean diet aims to exclude things like added sugars, Trans fats, heavily processed food items, and refined oils.
A diet rich in these unhealthy has been linked to problems like greater risk of obesity, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and so on.
On the other hand, the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet are quite interesting. Things like weight loss, lower risk of heart disease, reduced inflammation and more can be attributed to the Mediterranean way of eating.
Now that you know what the Mediterranean diet is, how it works and what to eat, Here are 30 yummy recipes (breakfast, lunch and dinner) to get you started.
Whether you’re a complete beginner to this way of eating, or have been on it for a while, you’ll no doubt enjoy these recipes. They are very easy to prepare, highly nutritious and super tasty.
Mediterranean diet recipes – Breakfast
1) Breakfast Tostadas
Rich in delicious Greek flavors, these crispy tostadas are topped with creamy red pepper hummus, scrambled eggs, veggies and feta. And it comes together in just 15 minutes.
2) Scrambled Eggs With Spinach, Tomato And Feta
Super simple and easy, and ready in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for those busy mornings when you’re on the run.
3) Mediterranean Breakfast Burritos
Enjoy these quick and easy burritos, made with refried beans, scrambled eggs, and other popular Mediterranean staples. And it comes together in just a total of 20 minutes, and can also be prepped ahead of time too.
4) Breakfast Egg Muffins
Start your morning with a protein-packed, low calorie muffin that keeps you energized, and makes fat burning easier. These egg muffins should definitely be your go to. They are also low carb and come together pretty quickly.
5) Mediterranean Sausage Hash
Tired of eggs in the morning? No problem. This yummy sausage hash combines diced potatoes, sausage and a few veggies into once perfect mix. Just skip out on the egg. It only takes 25 minutes in total, and can be prepped ahead of time.
6) Berry Breakfast Smoothie
The delicious and nutritious combination of oats, berries and Greek yoghurt, sweetened to perfection, is all you need to start your day.
Poached eggs in a tomato, pepper and onion sauce is a popular Mediterranean breakfast delight. Super quick and easy to make, and incredibly delicious too.
8) Veggie Mediterranean Quiche
An easy and flavor-packed quiche, filled with healthy and delicious veggies, and lots of cheesy goodness.
9) Egg White Breakfast Sandwich With Roasted Tomatoes
10) Banana Mocha Overnight Oats
Simple, easy, super delicious and nutritious.
Mediterranean diet recipes – Lunch
11) Mediterranean Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
These meal prep bowls are packed with chicken, healthy veggies, cheese and chickpeas. Plus, they use a special tahini sauce that makes it all taste better. It’s pretty simple and easy to put together and makes a great lunch you can enjoy over the week.
12) Roasted Chickpea And Freekeh Salad
Chickpeas are a good source of protein and fiber, and pack a host of other good nutrients as well.
Combined with freekeh, almonds, dates and a number of interesting veggies, you have yourself a delicious, nutritious and high-protein salad that will keep you satisfied and smiling.
13) Greek Nachos with Cilantro Sauce
Enjoy these special healthy and guilt-free nacho chips, topped with fresh veggies, beans, and a creamy cilantro sauce. They can be enjoyed for lunch or even as an appetizer at your next party, and they come together in under 30 minutes.
Also completely vegan friendly too.
14) Mediterranean Style Meal Prep Bowls
Save yourself the time and energy this week, with these yummy and healthy meal prep bowls. Packed with strip steak and roasted veggies and topped with an irresistible Tzatziki sauce, you’ll be wanting more of this nutritious and high-protein delight.
15) Greek Goddess Bowl
Roasted chickpeas, fresh veggies and a special vegan Tzatziki sauce are part of the things that make this Greek Goddess bowl so good. Easy to whip up in just about 30 minutes and enjoy on the go.
16) Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken and Avocado Salad
This easy and healthy salad, made with delicious chicken, combined with avocado, tomatoes, barley and fresh veggies, is sure to keep you coming back for more.
17) Mediterranean Couscous Salad
This healthy salad combines crushed durum wheat semolina, AKA couscous, alongside colorful veggies and feta cheese, topped with a nice Italian lemon garlic dressing. A perfect meal for any time of the day, in less than 30 minutes.
18) Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
This Buddha bowl is packed with simple, yet delicious and highly nutritious ingredients, such as quinoa, roasted chickpeas, yummy veggies and hummus to satisfy your cravings. And it takes only a few minutes to put this together.
19) Salmon Bowl with Farro, Black Beans and Tahini Dressing
20) Mediterranean Power Bowl
Mediterranean diet recipes – Dinner
21) One Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
This one skillet Mediterranean chicken combines chicken, tomatoes, olives and onions, and is properly seasoned to deliver a great taste. It also packs a decent amount of protein. Serve with some rice, cauliflower rice, or some potatoes for the big finish.
22) One Pot Mediterranean Chicken
Orzo pasta, delicious chicken, olives and more, all put together and seasoned to perfection. This is the kind of nutritious and delicious dinner you want to be enjoying with the family after those long days.
23) Mediterranean Pasta
Quick and easy to prepare, and very satisfying, this recipe combines angel pasta, artichoke hearts and parmesan, alongside other popular Mediterranean flavors into one perfect meal.
Whip this up in less than 30 minutes, even on those busy nights. Vegan options are also included.
24) Shrimp Scampi Pasta With Zucchini Noodles
Why choose between zoodles and regular noodles, when you can have both? This shrimp scampi pasta combines linguine noodles and spiralized zucchini alongside delicious shrimp, all seasoned to perfection.
It makes the perfect weeknight dinner you could whip up in just about 30 or 40 minutes total.
25) Mediterranean Steak Bowls
Red meat, although rather scarcely, can still be enjoyed on a Mediterranean diet. These yummy steak bowls, combined with colorful veggies, cheese and hummus, and topped with a nice herbed yogurt dressing is one dinner you don’t want to miss out on.
26) Turkey Mediterranean Casserole
Simple, easy and super delicious. This casserole combines healthy veggies like artichokes, alongside tomatoes, pasta, turkey and more, to deliver the ultimate family weeknight dinner, in just about 30 minutes.
27) 5-Ingredient Lemon Chicken With Asparagus
You don’t need a million ingredients to create something outstanding. This lemon chicken with asparagus takes just 5 simple ingredients, and 10 minutes, and is a great healthy dinner to enjoy with the family.
28) Sweet Potato Noodle Enchilada Stir-Fry
For this quick and easy dinner, spiralized sweet potatoes, are paired with black beans, tomatoes and green chilies, and seasoned to perfection. Highly nutritious and quite satisfying. Whip this up in 30 minutes or less.
29) Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Sauce
Packed with healthy veggies, mushroom and tomatoes, this quinoa stuffed eggplant with tahini sauce is as nutritious as it is tasty. And it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish to get it done.
30) Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
The Mediterranean diet is currently one of the best and healthiest eating styles out there. And if you’re going to try it, you might as well do so with the best of easy and delicious recipes that keep you coming back for more.