With eye-popping promises like weight loss, reduced inflammation, clear skin and so on, detox drinks (and diets) have become quite popular recently.
I mean, after all, who wouldn’t want to enjoy such benefits?
And while the concept of “detoxifying your body” is one that’s still a subject of debate in medical communities, we can all agree that these “detox drinks” when used right, are pretty healthy, and can be incorporated into our daily lives.
In this article, you’ll discover what detox is, how (and if) it works, as well as 21 healthy detox drinks to enjoy.
What Is A Detox?
The words “detox” and “cleanse” are ones that gets thrown around quite a bit today.
This commonly refers to the ability of certain ingredients to remove “toxins” from your body. In this case, “toxins” refers to the not-so-good chemicals that enter our body when we overindulge, and eat lots of unhealthy foods.
So the logic used here is that by taking these juices or drinks, they’ll help your body flush away these dangerous toxins and provide other benefits like weight loss, glowing skin, reduced inflammation, etc.
But how true is it and does it really work?
Do Detoxes Work?
Well, here’s the thing. Your body’s organs (livers and kidneys) already handle the detoxification process pretty well. If they didn’t, that would be an entirely different story.
But that doesn’t mean detox drinks are completely useless.
At least one thing we know, is that a healthy body does a better job at doing whatever it is that it needs to do. And these drinks may be able to help. Here’s how.
- Detox water or tea – basically fruit, veggie or herb-infused water, or a combination of them
- Detox juices or smoothies – made by combining several ingredients in the blender
And even though these drinks won’t exactly be the magic pill in your diet, you’d still find they’re pretty good and pretty useful too. Here are some ways they can help out.
Health Benefits Of Detox Drinks
1) Detox water, being primarily water, is good for proper hydration, which can help aid proper digestion and also weight loss.
2) Healthy organs do better jobs. These detox waters, juices or smoothies are often packed with good nutrients that can keep you healthy, help boost your immune system, fight inflammation and help your body perform a better job overall.
3) When used as a substitute for unhealthy sugar-laden drinks, detox drinks will not only keep you hydrated, but can also help you consume less added sugar and calories in general, which is important for weight loss.
In this sense, detox drinks, when incorporated into our daily lives may help support weight loss, keep us healthy, fight inflammation, etc.
It is worth noting that the best kind of “detox” is achieved by following a healthy diet rich in nutritious whole foods, less refined sugar and processed food items, and by maintaining an active lifestyle.
Nonetheless, you’ll definitely still benefit from incorporating these detox drinks into your everyday life.
21 Detox Drink Recipes To Enjoy
Detox Water (and Tea) Recipes
1) Cucumber Water
2) Homemade Detox Lemonade Cleanse
3) 5 Minute Detox Water
4) Grapefruit Mint Infused Water
5) Summer Cooling Watermelon Detox Water
6) Basil Berry Infused Water
7) Turmeric And Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Tea
8) Cranberry Juice Detox Water
9) Ayurvedic Detox Turmeric Tea
10) Lemon Ginger Turmeric Tea
Detox Juice And Smoothie Recipes
These can be enjoyed as a great snack or a light healthy breakfast option.
11) Sunrise Detox Smoothie
12) Detox Smoothie
13) Golden Detox Smoothie
14) Lemon, Cucumber & Apple Detox Juice
15) Cucumber Juice
16) Celery Apple Detox Juice
17) Kiwi Smoothie
18) Carrot Orange Pineapple Detox Juice
19) Detox Vegetable Juice
20) Beet Detox Juice
21) Naturally Sweet Green Detox Juice
Don’t forget to pin this and save for later.