Chia seed pudding is a really easy (and tasty) way to enjoy the goodness of chia seeds.
Whether you’re looking for an easy and healthy breakfast, a tasty snack or even dessert, you can always count on the yumminess of chia seed pudding to satisfy your cravings.
Being super easy to make, healthy and loaded with good nutrients, they are one of the best things you can add to your diet.
Here, you’ll discover their benefits, how to make them, as well as 15 incredible chia seed pudding recipes to satisfy your cravings.
Benefits Of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have quite an interesting nutritional profile to boast of. A single one ounce serving contains;
- 138 calories
- 12g of carbohydrates (including fiber)
- 9.8g of fiber
- 5g of protein
- 9g of fat
Source: Nutrition Value
1) They May Aid Weight Loss
Although it is important to note that there are many factors involved when it comes to weight loss, and no specific food is going to work as a “magic pill” when it comes to that.
However, chia seeds have a great nutritional profile that may make them a wonderful addition to your diet, if you’re trying to lose weight.
Firstly, chia seeds are high in fiber, which aid proper digestion and promote a healthy gut. Plus, they can absorb water well, and expand, which will leave you feeling more satiated and full.
They’re also a great source of plant-based protein. A single ounce packs a nice 5g of protein which can help reduce appetite, control cravings and also improve satiety. All very important steps for weight loss.
2) They’re a great source of healthy fats
For a long time, fats have been demonized in the dietary community. But now thanks to proper research and scientific knowledge, we know that some fats are actually pretty good for you.
And when it comes to healthy fats, chia seeds also deliver quite well. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health, among other things.
3) They’re rich in nutrients and antioxidants
Don’t let their tiny size trick you. These little guys are loaded with good minerals, nutrients and antioxidants that’ll keep you healthy, and can help fight inflammation, among other things as well.
These are just some of the wonderful benefits of chia seeds. Now, how do you make chia pudding?
How To Make Chia Seed Pudding
Making chia pudding is literally one of the easiest things to do in the world. In its most basic form, all you need is 3 simple ingredients.
1) Chia seeds – because, yeah.
2) Milk of choice – this can range from regular full fat milk, to non-diary milk depending on your choice or dietary preferences.
3) Sweetener – this is kind of optional though, but it helps. Chia seeds tend to have a very subtle flavor, meaning they’ll pretty much taste like whatever liquid you use when making them.
If you like, you could improve the taste by adding a sweetener like maple syrup and honey, or carb-free options like stevia and erythritol.
4) Toppings (optional) – toppings are pretty much optional as well, but they’re always fun to throw in, and can make the chia pudding even better.
Toppings can range from coconut flakes, to crushed nuts, chopped fruits, and more. Creativity is the master of the game here, so feel free to experiment.
Storage: Chia seed pudding also lasts well in the fridge for about 5 days on average, making them a great make-ahead breakfast idea or meal prep snack to enjoy.
Now that you know the wonders of chia seeds and how to enjoy them, here are 15 super delicious and healthy chia seed pudding recipes to enjoy.
From chocolate, to matcha, to peanut butter and more, there’s something for every craving, and every diet.
15 Chia Seed Pudding Recipes
1) Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
2) Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
3) Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
4) Eggnog chia pudding
The perfect treat for the holidays.
5) Healthy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
6) Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
7) Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
8) Chia Seed Coconut Cream Pie Pudding
9) Banana Chia Pudding
10) Chia Seed Pudding with Mango and Blueberry
11) Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
12) Apple Pie Chia Seed Pudding
13) Cinnamon and Date Chia Pudding
14) Fruit Layered Chia Seed Pudding
15) Raspberry Matcha Chia Pudding with Greek Yogurt
If you’re looking to incorporate chia seeds into your diet and enjoy their numerous benefits, these amazing recipes are a great place to start.
Which one is your favorite? Let me know down below.